The Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market is a non-profit corporation situated in Vankleek Hill, Ontario, situated approximately 45 minutes from Ottawa and Montreal, operating year round – every Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
“A champion of wholesome locally produced foods,
and arts and crafts, the Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market is a forum for producers and customers to engage in amicable commerce while fostering a sense of community.”
The Vankleek Hill Farmers’ Market is looking for an outgoing, organized and committed person to take on the role of Site Manager. This is a contract position for the summer months (Immediately – September 30, 2017) that will pay $15/hour for 6 hours each Saturday.
Applicant must be over the age of 18, hold a valid driver’s license, and have access to transportation and a cell phone. CPR certification will be required.
- Functionally bilingual
- Organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- People person with skills in diplomacy
- Dispute resolution skills
The Market Site Manager is required to arrive 1 – 1.5 hours before opening to coordinate market set-up and stays at market until all vendors have left (no more than 1 hour after market closing except on rare occasions).
- Setting up roadside signs
- Distributing floor plan to set-up volunteers
- Overseeing and assisting in set-up
- Greeting visiting vendors and/or fundraising guest and ensure guidance for their set-up
- Vendor conflict resolution and reporting
- Ensuring market is set-up and ready before 9:00am
- Ensuring safety and cleanliness of the site before, during and at the end of each market
- Placing signs on tables/stalls that cannot be removed
- Being visible and accessible to vendors and customers during market day
- Answering questions for vendors and customers
- Communicating and enforcing market policies
- Collecting table/stall/equipment rental fees
- Conducting periodic customer counts each market day to assess the level
- of growth in market usage
- Overseeing and assisting in take-down
- Ensuring market equipment is maintained and properly stored
- Ensuring the market site is clean and put back the way it was found once the market is closed and vendors have left for the day
- Performs other duties to support the smooth operation day of market
How to apply:
- Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 26, 2017.
- Please include your name in the title of the documents you submit.
Thank you to all that apply. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.